This article describes what to do if the Wi-Fi network cannot be found in the mobile device and what to do if you get the No Cameras Connected message in the App.
Section 1: Wi-Fi Network Can't be Found in Phone/Tablet
If the HERO3's Wi-Fi network can't be found in the phone/tablet's wireless settings menu, follow these steps:
- Turn off/on the phone/tablet's Wi-Fi.
- Power off/on the camera.
- Make sure the camera is in Phone/Tablet or GoPro App mode and that you see a Wi-Fi icon in the bottom-right corner of the camera's screen.
- Try to connect to the Wi-Fi network with the phone/tablet.
- If the network is not present in the phone/tablet's list, try another phone/table if possible.
- Redo the software update.
Section 2: GoPro App Shows NO CAMERAS CONNECTED Message
If the GoPro App shows "NO CAMERAS CONNECTED", this means that your phone or tablet is not connected to the Wi-Fi BacPac's network. Follow these steps to get everything working together:
Reset your devices:
- Make sure that the software is updated on your HD HERO2 or HERO3 camera and Wi-Fi BacPac.
- With both units already powered on, attach the Wi-Fi BacPac to the HD HERO2 camera, or just power on the HERO3 camera.
- Press the Wi-Fi BacPac button to go to the Wi-Fi menu, or the Wi-Fi button on the side of the HERO3
- Select “PHONE & TABLET”. This allows your phone or tablet to connect to the BacPac’s Wi-Fi network so that you can control the camera.
- In your smart phone or tablet’s Wi-Fi Network settings, connect to the BacPac’s Wi-Fi network. You should find the name of your BacPac listed in your available Wi-Fi networks for you to select. By default, the name will be something like “GOPRO-BP-….”. The default password is “goprohero”.
- You can change the name and password of your Wi-Fi BacPac in CineForm Studio’s Device Window when the Wi-Fi BacPac is connected to the computer. For HERO3 you can redo the software update to change its Wi-Fi name and password
- If you still can't get past the NO CAMERAS CONNECTED message, close the GoPro App, forget the Wi-Fi BacPac network in your device's wireless network settings, and turn on Airplane mode on your device.
- Also, turn off any Firewall apps, such as Droid Wall.
- Next, try reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network and launch the GoPro App.
- If you're able to connect to your camera, then this means that your device's APN settings are preventing the GoPro App from working on your device. Apps that affect data compression/transfer and your device's APN settings conflict with the GoPro App. Uninstall those APN/data compression apps to restore your APN settings to default, then the GoPro App should work with or without Airplane mode enabled.