What's the issue?
The Wi-Fi network cannot be found in the mobile device or you get the "Connect Your Camera" / "Wi-Fi Network Not Connected" / "Connection Lost" message in the App.
Where does it apply?
- GoPro App
- HERO4 Session
How to fix it
Connect Your Camera" / "Wi-Fi Network Not Connected" / "Connection Lost" message in the App.
Section 1: Connection Lost "You are no longer connected to your camera's Wi-Fi network. The GoPro App is now connected to a different camera."
Section 2: Bluetooth Pairing Fails
This can quickly be resolved by performing an update on the camera via GoPro Studio or a manual update on the site. After completing the update follow these pairing instructions:
- Open the GoPro App and select "Connect to Camera"
- Press the "Add A New Camera" button
- Select "Add Your HERO4"
- On the front of the camera, press the mode button until you see "Setup"
- Press the shutter button to select into the "Setup" Menu
- Press the shutter button to select Wi-Fi
- Press the mode button to scroll down to "GoPro App" then press the shutter button
- Press the "Continue" button in the app
- Select your camera from the list (e.g. GoPro 1411....)
- Select "Pair My Camera"
- Enter the PIN number that is listed on the camera's LCD Screen
- Connect to the cameras Wi-Fi network
Section 1: Troubleshooting
If the camera is responsive, you should be able to select the camera from the list of available devices to re-enable Wi-Fi & then re-connect to the GoPro’s Wi-Fi network.
Go to the Home screen of the GoPro App and select “Connect Your Camera”.
If the camera name has a blue dot next to it, selecting the camera will turn on Wi-Fi.
If there is no blue dot, make sure that there is a blue flashing light on the camera.
Connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network.
- Navigate back to the GoPro App.
If the camera is unresponsive, you will need to reset the camera and re-enable Wi-Fi:
Part 1: Reset the camera
Press and hold the shutter button for 8-10 seconds.
Part 2: Enable Wi-Fi on the camera
Press the Info/Wireless button on the camera.
Press the Shutter button to select “RC & App” or “App”.
Connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network & open the GoPro App.
Wi-Fi Network Can't be Found in Phone/Tablet
If the camera's Wi-Fi network can't be found in the phone/tablet's wireless settings menu, follow these steps:
- Turn off/on the phone/tablet's Wi-Fi.
- Power off/on the camera.
- Make sure the camera is in GoPro App or Phone/Tablet or mode and that you see a Wi-Fi icon in the bottom-right corner of the camera's screen.
- Open up the Wireless Settings on your device and try to connect to the Wi-Fi network with the phone/tablet.
- If the network is not present in the phone/tablet's list, try another phone/table if possible.
- Redo the software update.
- If you still can't get connected, close the GoPro App, forget the Wi-Fi network in your device's wireless network settings, and turn on Airplane mode on your device.
- Also, turn off any Firewall apps, such as Droid Wall.
- Next, try reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network and launch the GoPro App.
- If you're able to connect to your camera, then this means that your device's APN settings are preventing the GoPro App from working on your device. Apps that affect data compression/transfer and your device's APN settings conflict with the GoPro App. Uninstall those APN/data compression apps to restore your APN settings to default, then the GoPro App should work with or without Airplane mode enabled.