What's the issue?
Preview Not Supported or a Busy message appears in the GoPro App.
Where does it apply?
- GoPro App
How to fix it
There are a few situations in which you will experience a Preview Not Supported or a Busy message in the GoPro App. Here is a list of some possible reasons:
- Camera preview is disabled once you start recording if Protune is turned ON in your HD HERO2 or HERO3 camera.
- It is also disabled when you record in certain resolutions and when you are taking pictures. Once you stop recording or stop taking pictures, preview automatically starts up again.
- HD HERO2 & HERO3: See this article for information on what resolutions are supported for preview in the GoPro App.
- HERO3+: See this article for information on what resolutions are supported for preview in the GoPro App.
- HERO4: See this article for information on what resolutions are supported for preview in the GoPro App.
- The Busy message will display if you are using Time Lapse or Photo Burst Mode.
- HERO4 Does NOT Support Preview with an iPhone 4 or ALL iPod Touch models.
|iPhone 3GS||HLS||HLS||HLS||NO PREVIEW|
|iPhone 4||HLS||HLS||HLS||NO PREVIEW|
|iPod (all generations)||HLS||HLS||LTP||NO PREVIEW|
HLS - HTTP Live Stream ~ 3-4 second delay
LTP - Live Transmission Protocol ~1 second delay for preview