The GoPro App is now available! You can download it from the following locations:
For iPhone users: iTunes App Store
For Android users: Google Play Store
For Windows Phone users: Windows Store
A software update is required for your HD HERO2 and HERO3 before you can access the App's new features. Click here to go to our software update page:
The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. New features let you view, play back and share select content—so you can do more with your photos and videos than ever before.
- Full remote control of all camera functions
- Live preview for easy shot-framing
- Instantly view photos and playback videos*
- Copy photos and videos* to your device, then share via email, text, Instagram™, Facebook® or other apps
- View the GoPro Photo and Video of the Day
- Compatible with all HERO3 cameras and HD HERO 2 cameras + Wi-Fi BacPac™
What's new in Version 2.6
- Compatibility with the new HERO4 cameras
- Mark key moments while recording with HiLight Tag*
- View HiLight Tags in your GoPro Camera Roll*
- Improved camera pairing process and set up
* Compatible with HERO4 cameras only.
What's new in Version 2.5
- "VIDEO OF THE DAY" updated to say "GOPRO CHANNEL" for Android and iOS
- Increased Android app stability
What's new in Version 2.4
- Automatically connect to your camera's Wi-Fi network when you launch the GoPro App.
- Updated design for devices running iOS 7 and greater or Android 4.0 and greater.
- Share photos and videos directly from your GoPro Album to Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and more.
- Turn the GoPro Photo of the Day into rad wallpaper for your phone or tablet.
What's New in Version 2.3
- Use the GoPro App to wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Compatibility with new HERO3+ cameras.
- Preview video in near real-time with up to 4x faster** live video preview for HERO3+ cameras.
- Control new HERO3+ Black Edition camera settings, including SuperView™, Auto Low Light and 2.7K Medium.
- FOV video.
- Update your camera’s Wi-Fi network name and password.
*Compatible with videos captured in select modes only. Compatibility varies by device.
**Optimized for Samsung Galaxy S4 and similar Android 4.2 devices. Actual results may vary.
What’s New in Version 2.0
- View photos and play back videos*
- Copy photos and videos to a GoPro album on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Share the photos and videos* copied to your device via email, text, Instagram™, Facebook® or other apps
- Browse and delete files on the camera's memory card
Compatibile Mobile Devices
- iPhone®/iPad®/iPod touch® (requires iOS 7.1)
- Android™ (varies by device)
- Windows® Phone (8 and 8.1, HERO4 camera compatibility coming soon)1
Other Remote Options
Alternatively, you can have full control of your HD HERO cameras with our Wi-Fi BacPac + Remote combo kit.
Also, keep in mind that you'll need a Wi-Fi BacPac to use the App with your HD HERO2 camera. The GoPro App is not compatible with the HD HERO Original cameras.
* Content playback, sharing, and access to the camera's memory card is not available on Windows Phone.