If the LCD BacPac is kept on continuously throughout recording, you will have about half of the normal run time. This means that you'll get about 1-1.5 hours of battery-life out of the camera with the LCD BacPac. The camera does, however, have a setting to have the LCD screen automatically power off 60 seconds after the last button press. This will help minimize the reduction in run time.
You can enable the AUTO OFF feature in the LCD BacPac settings menu. Follow the below steps:
- Power on the camera with the LCD BacPac attached.
- Press and hold the LCD BacPac power/play button for 2 seconds and let go.
- Press the power/mode button on the front of the camera multiple times until "AUTO OFF" is highlighted.
- Press the shutter button on the top of the camera one time to change "NEVER" to "60s".
- Press the power/mode button on the front of the camera one time so that EXIT is highlighted.
- Press the shutter button on the top of the camera to select EXIT.
Now your LCD BacPac will automatically turn off after 60 seconds of inactivity. This will occur when the camera is recording or in stand-by mode.