Connect Your Camera" / "Wi-Fi Network Not Connected" / "Connection Lost" message in the App.
If you're getting the Connection Lost message, try bringing the App or Remote Control back in range and turn it on, or turn wireless off if you no longer want to use the App/Remote Control.
Section 1: Connection Lost "You are no longer connected to your camera's Wi-Fi network. The GoPro App is now connected to a different camera."
Typically this is a result of not following the proper pairing instructions.
Section 2: Bluetooth Pairing Fails
This can quickly be resolved by performing an update on the camera via GoPro Studio or a manual update on the site. After completing the update follow these pairing instructions:
- Open the GoPro App and select "Connect to Camera"
- Press the "Add A New Camera" button
- Select "Add Your HERO4"
- On the front of the camera, press the mode button until you see "Setup"
- Press the shutter button to select into the "Setup" Menu
- Press the shutter button to select Wi-Fi
- Press the mode button to scroll down to "GoPro App" then press the shutter button
- Press the "Continue" button in the app
- Select your camera from the list (e.g. GoPro 1411....)
- Select "Pair My Camera"
- Enter the PIN number that is listed on the camera's LCD Screen
- Connect to the cameras Wi-Fi network
Section 1: Troubleshooting
If the camera is responsive, you should be able to select the camera from the list of available devices to re-enable Wi-Fi & then re-connect to the GoPro’s Wi-Fi network.
If the camera is unresponsive, you will need to reset the camera and re-enable Wi-Fi:
Part 1: Reset the camera
Part 2: Enable Wi-Fi on the camera
Press the Info/Wireless button on the camera.
Press the Shutter button to select “RC & App” or “App”.
Connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network & open the GoPro App.
Wi-Fi Network Can't be Found in Phone/Tablet
If the camera's Wi-Fi network can't be found in the phone/tablet's wireless settings menu, follow these steps:
- Turn off/on the phone/tablet's Wi-Fi.
- Power off/on the camera.
- Make sure the camera is in GoPro App or Phone/Tablet mode and that you see a Wi-Fi icon in the bottom-right corner of the camera's screen.
- Open up the Wireless Settings on your device and try to connect to the Wi-Fi network with the phone/tablet.
- If the network is not present in the phone/tablet's list, try another phone/table if possible.
- Redo the software update.
Check your mobile device settings:
- If you still can't get connected, close the GoPro App, forget the Wi-Fi network in your device's wireless network settings, and turn on Airplane mode on your device.
- Also, turn off any Firewall apps, such as Droid Wall.
- Next, try reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network and launch the GoPro App.
- If you're able to connect to your camera, then this means that your device's APN settings are preventing the GoPro App from working on your device. Apps that affect data compression/transfer and your device's APN settings conflict with the GoPro App. Uninstall those APN/data compression apps to restore your APN settings to default, then the GoPro App should work with or without Airplane mode enabled.